Position Summary —
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product, the Research and Evaluation Manager will be charged with leading key research and evaluation projects for the company. In addition to ongoing impact measurement and reporting, the Research and Evaluation Manager will oversee the execution of various planned research projects in collaboration with independent evaluators and academic researchers. The ideal candidate will have experience managing research projects or conducting research in education or a related field, and a passion for advancing educational equity. They will be a skilled project manager, capable of driving complex, time-sensitive projects with a mix of internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will also possess strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, along with technical proficiency and curiosity, a keen attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional judgment and decision-making. Strength in working collaboratively with teams and flexibility in an ever-changing environment are necessary.
The Research and Evaluation Manager is a full-time contract position through December 2023, with the possibility for extension. This is a work-from-home position located in the United States.
ParentPowered PBC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. We celebrate diversity and strive to build a team that is representative of the backgrounds and lived experiences of the families we serve. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, foreign-born residents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
About ParentPowered —
ParentPowered PBC, https://ready4k.com, is a growing education technology company that creates simple tools for great parenting to improve the lives of all children, regardless of economic means. Our first product, Ready4K, is an evidence-based family engagement curriculum delivered via text message. Each week, parents receive fun facts, easy tips, and messages of encouragement to help them support their children’s cognitive and social and emotional development.
Ready4K’s research- and standards-based text messages build on existing family routines to ensure that the activities are easy to implement – like pointing out the letters on shampoo bottles during bath time and naming their sounds, counting the number of steps as you walk to the car or bus, or making feeling faces in the mirror after you brush your teeth. The Ready4K curriculum covers birth through eighth grade and is available in over ten languages.
Driven by very strong product-market fit (a highly-accessible remote family engagement solution that bridges the digital divide, with close alignments to Title I, III, V, VI, IV, and IX, and COVID relief funding), along with a robust and growing product offering that now includes core, trauma-informed, and personalized learning Ready4K programs, family workshops, and an ever-evolving technology platform, we’ve rapidly grown over the last year to serving hundreds of institutional customers including some of the largest school districts (e.g., SFUSD and NYC DOE), counties (e.g., in Southeastern Michigan and Mecklenburg), and states, like TN and WI. The company has top-tier investors, a strong management team, and connections to early childhood education leaders across the county – assets that it will leverage to pursue its mission of creating easy-to-use tools for great parenting to improve the lives of all children.
At ParentPowered, we are committed to empowering families and taking a strengths-based approach to everything we do. Our products are rooted in research and evidence, which we believe is essential to creating a program that can make the biggest impact on families’ lives. As a team, we believe in thought-partnership, asking hard questions, and an openness to listening to and learning from one another.
Through our current research and evaluation projects we seek to study how behavioral and other techniques can be leveraged to enhance our programs to increase family engagement and improve children’s academic, social, and emotional outcomes, as well as to understand the impact of our programs on historically marginalized families and children. We are committed to using the findings from this research, as well as from our ongoing national longitudinal family survey, to drive the continuous improvement of our programs.
● Be an internal champion and thought leader for ParentPowered’s research, evaluation, and impact work.
● Work with Product and Curriculum teams, and external evaluators, researchers, and school districts to execute on planned research activities (e.g., project management, enrollment support, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis).
● Conduct quarterly online and text message surveys of ParentPowered families and institutional customers following existing protocols.
● Analyze both qualitative and quantitative survey results and present findings internally.
● Communicate impact to ParentPowered’s institutional customers by managing and expanding on existing reporting processes (e.g, end of year impact reports, monthly data emails, data and analytics dashboard).
● Create external materials (e.g., blog posts, webinars, reports) that effectively convey the overall outcomes and impact of ParentPowered programs.
● Develop and maintain internal research and evaluation documentation.
● Contribute to the further development of ParentPowered’s research and evaluation strategy and roadmap.
● Advanced degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related field, or 4+ years experience managing or conducting research/evaluations in education or a related field.
● Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, including survey design and data analysis.
● Experience managing complex projects involving both internal and external stakeholders (e.g., creating and managing timelines, setting priorities across competing projects, communicating with cross-functional teams).
● Demonstrated commitment to advancing educational equity.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to effectively communicate evaluation and impact data to a variety of audiences.
● Technical proficiency (e.g., Excel, Google Drive, SurveyMonkey) and curiosity to quickly get up to speed on ParentPowered’s product offering and tools.
● Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver on commitments.
● Strong attention to detail with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
To Apply —
Please email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at ParentPowered in the role of Research and Evaluation Manager. We will review applications throughout the month of October and will be in touch in early November if we see a potential fit.